Steps for install Django on Dapper Drake with Apache2, MySQL5, and Python2.4 already installed:
- sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-python python-mysqldb python-docutils
- wget http://www.djangoproject.com/download/0.95/tarball/
- tar xfz Django-0.95.tar.gz
- cd Django-0.95
- sudo python ez_setup.py
- sudo python setup.py install
- start creating a Django app
- python-setuptools included with Dapper is not recent enough for Django 0.95
Spent more time fixing the CSS on livecdnews.com and I think I’m finally done. I aligned the content of the entries, made quotes stand out, and added navigation buttons at the bottom of the site (I can’t believe they were missing).
Also, last week LiveCD News had its first day of over 1,000 unique vists. That was good motivation to put some more time into the layout. And I’m glad I did, I had forgotten how much fun CSS can be.
I spent a little time last night to update the color scheme of LiveCD News. My goal was to make the content stand out better. I liked my attempt well enough to set it as the default theme, and now LiveCD News is no longer covered with many different shades of blue.